1. apache web server example networking problem

apache web server example networking problem

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion apache web server example networking problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jiří Navrátil
    Participant

Hi,

I am learning FABRIC through examples. Yesterday, I passed example “Apache web server” from complex recepies. Everything passed OK but on the end I did not get expecting result. The client did not communicate with web server. The reason “Unreachable network”. For sure, I login to client and to server from my terminal and tried to ping between them and the result was the same.

I was running slice called MyWebSlice id 857151a3-b77e-44d8-8455-4b4eef927ac3 (slice is still on)

For understanding this problem, I attached couple of files which demostrate what I did and wrote above.
      The server and client terminal activity. protocol/notebook with final result inaccessible web server from client site and segment from creation slice network process.

My question is why these client and server do not communicate when they are in one network. What is the reason? In network specification or where ? Please try to analyze problem.

Thank You.
      Jiri Navratil, CESNET

Acheme Acheme
      Participant

Hi Jiri,

Your interfaces appear to be down from the images you shared.

You can bring them up with these commands before trying to “download the file to the client”:

stdout, stderr = server.execute(f’sudo ip link set dev {server_iface.get_os_interface()} up’)
        stdout, stderr = client.execute(f’sudo ip link set dev {client_iface.get_os_interface()} up’)

Regards,

Acheme

Komal Thareja
        Participant

@Acheme – Thank you for providing the solution for this issue. Appreciate it!

I also wanted to add that Apache Web Server notebook was a bit outdated and not inline with latest Fablib API. I have updated the notebook so that it uses latest Fablib APIs which take care of the networking as well and does not rely on user explicitly configuring IP addresses.

If needed, please try the latest version of the notebook from Github: https://github.com/fabric-testbed/jupyter-examples/blob/main/fabric_examples/complex_recipes/apache_web_server/apache_web_server.ipynb

Thanks,

Komal

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Komal Thareja.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.