1. Assigned addresses lost in reserved slices

Assigned addresses lost in reserved slices

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Assigned addresses lost in reserved slices

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nirmala Shenoy
    Participant

Hello

I had this slice reserved in ‘WASH’ site. I had assigned addresses to the interfaces that is necessary for me to conduct my tests.  I noticed this morning that though the slice is still reserved and stable, the interface addresses were lost. This has happened several times with other sites as well.

Is there a way this can be avoided?

Normally when this happens I delete the slice and reserve another, because our scripts to assign the interface addresses are invoked when the slice is created.

thanks

Nirmala

Komal Thareja
      Participant

Hello Nirmala,

Over the weekend, we encountered memory failures on the Wash workers, necessitating their reboot. Unfortunately, this led to the loss of IP addresses of your VMs. Rest assured, we are actively addressing the memory failure issue to prevent further worker reboots.

In the meantime, you can utilize the following block in a notebook to restore your IP configuration without having to delete your slice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

try:
        slice = fablib.get_slice(name=slice_name)
        for node in slice.get_nodes():
        print(f"{node}")
        node.config()
        except Exception as e:
        print(f"Exception: {e}")

Thank you for your understanding,

Komal

Mert Cevik

Hello Nirmala,

We have been working on the problem that is causing instability and the end result you describe. Changes are partially deployed and we are expecting the problem is resolved. There will be one more maintenance to complete the deployment of the changes this week (tentatively on Thursday).

Nirmala Shenoy
          Participant

hello Komal,

the script is not working. I was unable to get back the assigned addresses. if there is some solution to this problem that would be very helpful

thanks

Komal Thareja
            Participant

Hi Nirmala,

Could you please share your Slice ID or if possible please share your notebook? I can help tailor it to handle this scenario.

Thanks,

Komal

Nirmala Shenoy
              Participant

hello Komal,

I deleted the WASH slice. I currently reserved another slice in CLEM site. My server crashed just after the resources were reserved. when I tried to connect again I get this message

“Failed to load resource information. Please reload this page”

I have reloaded multiple times and still unable to access the new slice

Komal Thareja
                Participant

Hello Nirmala,

Apologies for the inconvenience. We have a maintenance ongoing and hence the error on the portal.

Will keep you posted as soon as maintenance is complete.

Maintenance on the testbed – May 9 – 8am-12pm EST

Thanks,

Komal

Komal Thareja
                  Participant

@Nirmala – Maintenance has been completed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.