1. Authentication failure while enabling public IPv4

Authentication failure while enabling public IPv4

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Authentication failure while enabling public IPv4

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sankalpa Timilsina
    Participant

Hi,

I am following the FABnet IPv4Ext Network creation to enable external connectivity.

Recently, I encountered authentication failure while trying to change the public IP.

Do I need to do any authentication to obtain the public IP? Thanks.

Regards,

Sankalpa Timilsina

yoursunny
      Participant

FABNetv4Ext network service requires Net.FABNetv4Ext permission.

If your project doesn’t have this permission, you’ll need to request it via ticket.

yoursunny
        Participant

I tried my usual script of acquiring public IPv4 address, operating on behalf of a project that has the Net.FABNetv4Ext permission.
          https://github.com/yoursunny/fabric/tree/5d434c3117314730a9ab38ffd4eefcab70f13779/ipv4 , see v4pub.py and demo-v4pub.py.
          It works correctly and can acquire public IPv4 addresses for nodes that need it.

However, I’m having trouble with FABRIC’s jupyter-examples.
          https://github.com/fabric-testbed/jupyter-examples/blob/rel1.4.5/fabric_examples/beta_functionality/rel1.4/create_l3network_fabnet_ext.ipynb
          (I commented out the UKY line)

For both networks defined in the notebook, get_subnet() returns None.
          Consequently, “Update Network Service – Enable/Disable Public IP Addresses” failed with error:

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
          Sankalpa Timilsina
          Participant

@Junxiao, yes the project has the permissions.

Here’s the complete log. This is due to the error @Junxiao pointed out i.e. get_subnet() returning None.

python fileserver.py
            Configuring fabric environment....
            Configuring slice parameters....
            fileserver@1683823224
            Creating slice....
            Waiting for slice .......... Slice state: StableOK
            Waiting for ssh in slice ................................................................................Running post boot config ... Done!
            Modifying the slice to request public IP...
            Waiting for slice ... Slice state: ModifyOK
            Waiting for ssh in slice ......................................................................................Running post boot config ... Done!
            ssh ${Username}@${Management IP}
            Enabling the public IP...
            Traceback (most recent call last):
            File "/home/fabric/work/my_config/fabric-trace/fileserver.py", line 78, in <module>
            v4pub.enable(slice)
            File "/home/fabric/work/my_config/fabric-trace/v4pub.py", line 92, in enable
            enable_on_network(net)
            File "/home/fabric/work/my_config/fabric-trace/v4pub.py", line 86, in enable_on_network
            thread.result()
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 445, in result
            return self.__get_result()
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 390, in __get_result
            raise self._exception
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
            result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fabrictestbed_extensions/fablib/node.py", line 1367, in execute
            raise e
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fabrictestbed_extensions/fablib/node.py", line 1226, in execute
            bastion.connect(
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 459, in connect
            self._auth(
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 790, in _auth
            raise saved_exception
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 766, in _auth
            self._transport.auth_publickey(username, key)
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paramiko/transport.py", line 1640, in auth_publickey
            return self.auth_handler.wait_for_response(my_event)
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paramiko/auth_handler.py", line 259, in wait_for_response
            raise e
            paramiko.ssh_exception.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed.
            Exception ignored in: <function ApiClient.__del__ at 0x7fc893767700>
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fabric_cm/credmgr/swagger_client/api_client.py", line 78, in __del__
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 645, in close
            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'debug'
            Exception ignored in: <function Pool.__del__ at 0x7fc89382c1f0>
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 268, in __del__
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 372, in put
            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'dumps'
            Exception ignored in: <function ApiClient.__del__ at 0x7fc89377c700>
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fabric_cf/orchestrator/swagger_client/api_client.py", line 78, in __del__
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 645, in close
            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'debug'
            Exception ignored in: <function Pool.__del__ at 0x7fc89382c1f0>
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 268, in __del__
            File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 372, in put
            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'dumps'
            yoursunny
            Participant

paramiko.ssh_exception.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed.

This suggests that fablib cannot connect to either the bastion or the node via SSH.
              It has nothing to do with FABNetv4Ext.

ssh ${Username}@${Management IP}

This suggests that your fabric_rc file is outdated.
              You need to rerun the configure.ipynb notebook.

See also: https://learn.fabric-testbed.net/forums/topic/broken-get_ssh_command/#post-3693

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by yoursunny.
              Paul Ruth
              Keymaster

Komal pushed an update to that beta notebook.  Check here: https://github.com/fabric-testbed/jupyter-examples/tree/master/fabric_examples/beta_functionality/rel1.4

I think the change in actually in the “plugins.py” file.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.