1. Can’t access Jupyter Hub

Can’t access Jupyter Hub

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Can’t access Jupyter Hub

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Vaiden Logan
    Participant

Got this upon trying to access https://jupyter.fabric-testbed.net/

Vaiden Logan
      Participant

AFTER clicking “Sign in with CILogin”

Luis Contreras
        Participant

Hello,
          Are you able to login to the fabric portal?
          https://portal.fabric-testbed.net/login

Komal Thareja
          Participant

@Vaiden – This generally happens if you are not a member of a project. Could you please check on the portal if you are a member of a project?

Thanks,

Komal

Vaiden Logan
            Participant

Yes. I am able to login there.

Vaiden Logan
              Participant

I think the issue is that I changed my email address, which is messing up CILogin. Any way I can change my preferred email in my profile settings?

Komal Thareja
                Participant

Yes, another user had a similar issue where they created a new email alias but were registered with FABRIC with different email. Changing your preferred email to point to what you were using before should help resolve this.

Thanks,

Komal

Vaiden Logan
                  Participant

I think my CILogin information on FABRIC needs to be refreshed to match the actual information. Unfortunately, I don’t think I have the ability to do that. Who can I ask about that?

Worked with Vaiden and the issue is now resolved – notes below for reference

• Jupyterhub uses COmanage LDAP to reference user permissions, and if new email is not registered the user will be denied access
                    • Jupyterhub also uses email to uniquely name storage allocations, and if the email changes the data in the prior allocation will no longer be available to the user when the new allocation is generated from the new email

Solution

• add new email via COmanage and have user verify
                    • ensure new email propagates to LDAP
                    • ensure user has access to Jupyterhub container using new email (storage will likely be empty)
                    • copy jhub data from original storage allocation to new allocation as .tgz file
                    • ensure user has access to copied data
                  Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • The topic ‘Can’t access Jupyter Hub’ is closed to new replies.