1. EDUKY maintenance and project with Slice.OnlyEDUKY

EDUKY maintenance and project with Slice.OnlyEDUKY

Home Forums FABRIC Educators EDUKY maintenance and project with Slice.OnlyEDUKY

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Harlan Russell
    Participant

I am working to transition my course teaching materials from GENI to FABRIC.  I am stuck on the hello_fabric notebook, and I think it may be because EDUKY is under maintenance.

The Resource tab on the FABRIC site shows EDUKY:

Expected End Time: Unknown

My project has

Project Permissions: Slice.OnlyEDUKY

Project ID: 5be8419d-0ad5-4c79-8396-258fc7e893f5

1. Is there any further information available for when EDUKY will be available?
      2. Is there a work around so I can continue to learn how to use FABRIC and prepare for my class?

Additional details:

The error is with slice.submit() and includes this in the response:

—————————————————————————

Exception                                 Traceback (most recent call last)

Cell In[3], line 8

5 node = slice.add_node(name=”Node1″)

7 # Submit the slice

—-> 8 slice.submit();

File /opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/fabrictestbed_extensions/fablib/slice.py:2008, in Slice.submit(self, wait, wait_timeout, wait_interval, progress, wait_jupyter, post_boot_config, wait_ssh, extra_ssh_keys)

2004     else:

2005         logging.error(

2006             f”Submit request error: return_status {return_status}, slice_reservations: {slice_reservations}”

2007         )

-> 2008         raise Exception(

2009             f”Submit request error: return_status {return_status}, slice_reservations: {slice_reservations}”

2010         )

2012 if return_status != Status.OK:

2013     raise Exception(

2014         “Failed to submit slice: {}, {}”.format(

2015             return_status, slice_reservations

2016         )

2017     )

Exception: Submit request error: return_status Status.FAILURE, slice_reservations: (500)

Reason: INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

HTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({‘Server’: ‘nginx/1.21.6’, ‘Date’: ‘Mon, 15 Jan 2024 00:25:51 GMT’, ‘Content-Type’: ‘text/html; charset=utf-8’, ‘Content-Length’: ‘312’, ‘Connection’: ‘keep-alive’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Credentials’: ‘true’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Headers’: ‘DNT, User-Agent, X-Requested-With, If-Modified-Since, Cache-Control, Content-Type, Range, Authorization’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Methods’: ‘GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, DELETE, OPTIONS’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’: ‘*’, ‘Access-Control-Expose-Headers’: ‘Content-Length, Content-Range, X-Error’, ‘X-Error’: ‘PDP Authorization check failed – Policy Violation: Your project is tagged as OnlyEDUKY and cannot use resources on sites other than EDUKY.’})

HTTP response body: b'{\n    “errors”: [\n        {\n            “details”: “PDP Authorization check failed – Policy Violation: Your project is tagged as OnlyEDUKY and cannot use resources on sites other than EDUKY.”,\n            “message”: “Internal Server Error”\n        }\n    ],\n    “size”: 1,\n    “status”: 500,\n    “type”: “error”\n}’

Harlan Russell

Associate Professor and Graduate Program Coordinator

Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering

Clemson University

316 Fluor Daniel Bldg.  |  Clemson, SC 29634-0915

harlanr@clemson.edu  |  864.656.7214

Zongming Fei
      Participant

EDUKY is currently in maintenance. We will give permission to education projects to use other sites.

If anybody has the similar problem, please submit a request by using the original ticket used for requesting the education project. Thanks.

Zongming Fei
        Participant

EDUKY is back on. We will turn on the tag EDUKY_only for education projects.

Please remember to specify site=”EDUKY” as a parameter when adding nodes to your slice.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.