1. get_ssh_command not including management IP

get_ssh_command not including management IP

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion get_ssh_command not including management IP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Fraida Fund
    Participant

I’ve noticed that sometimes the get_ssh_command fails to include the management IP, is this a known issue? (See image attached.)

It’s not an issue for my personal use – I can still get the management IP myself – but it is a problem when I am asking students to use the output of get_ssh_command.

(The attached image is from slice w/ ID e92e9e62-ddfb-4220-bc21-9e79ac121b39 but I have noticed it before with other slices.  I am using the default JupyterHub, fablib 1.5.4.)

Ilya Baldin
      Participant

A lot of time it has to do with race conditions that exist when querying for slice state and information about e.g. IP addresses arriving asynchronously from different sites. One workaround is to call get_slice() again – that’s what queries the system for the latest slice model that has the information to produce the SSH command line (like the management IP).

get_ssh_command() just looks inside the current model and reports what is there (so while the name may suggest it gets the latest information, it doesn’t – its information is as current as the last call to get_slice()).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.