1. getting error 403 : Forbidden while loggin into jupyterHub

getting error 403 : Forbidden while loggin into jupyterHub

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion getting error 403 : Forbidden while loggin into jupyterHub

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello Everyone!

I am a new Fabric user, and I have completed all the verification steps and been added to one project, but when I try to access JupyterHub getting a “403: Forbidden (Access not allowed)”. I  also tried with a brand new incognito session, and the issue persists, So I don’t think it’s a cookie problem.

Ilya Baldin
    Participant

Hello,

Please make sure you are logging into Jupyter Hub using the same credentials as for the portal. If the problem persists, please visit Contact Us link above or in the portal and report this as an account problem.

Paul Ruth
      Keymaster

The browser cookies for the  FABRIC JupyterHub can be set to remember which identity provider to use.  If this is set, it will never re-ask you which provider to use.  If the identity provider is set to “Google” and you are logged into a Google account in your browser, it will automatically try to use your Google identity with the FABRIC JupyterHub.

I just checked and see that you have a couple half created accounts that tried to use gmail addresses.  Your problem might be that you tried to log into the FABRIC JupyterHub with a Google account and checked the box to remember the identity provider.   If this is the case,  you might be getting the 403 error because your Google account does not have permission to use the FABRIC JuptyerHub.

You should to continue to use the account associated with your institutional identity.  However, this might require you to delete the browser cookie associated with the FABRIC JupyterHub.  Try logging in with a private/incognito window.  If that works, then deleting your cookie should solve your problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.