1. How can I run experiments?

How can I run experiments?

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion How can I run experiments?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hares Fakoor
    Participant

I’m new to Fabric. When I tried going to jupyter hub it gave me forbidden access. How can I get started with Fabric, and run some experiments, namwly Python code? i have a registered verified account, I am wondering why it says Forbidden. Also is there there a link or manual I can take a look at to see how to get going? I’m mostly intewrested in running Python scripts.

Hares Fakoor
      Participant

Okay so i read on the how to guide, that i need to request to join a project. I’ve tried going through the active projects page to click “view more” and it leads to a black scren or says the information is private.   The help page says this:

Joining a Project

Now that your account is enrolled you can access the FABRIC portal but you cannot yet use the testbed. Before you can use the testbed you must join an active project. A project owner must add you to a project.

A Project Lead or a Project Owner can add new Owners and Members by first navigating to the project via Experiments/Projects & Slices or User Profile/My Roles & Projects. Using the search box you can find the user you want to add (minimum 4 consecutive letters of email or name are required for search) and click ‘Add’ next to their name.
        <figure class=”wp-block-image size-large”></figure>

The only way to join a project is for the project owner to add you one of their existing projects. Please contact your professor or research lead to be added to your team’s project.

Note also that the portal provides the ability to add multiple project members from a CSV file where the first column is their email (as used to sign up for a FABRIC account). Use the ‘Batch Upload’ tab shown above and follow the prompts.

Basically, I’m asking if there is a way for me to request access to projects. My end goal is to test some Python scripts, which is I’m assuming what Jupyter is for ~ they’re essentially monitoring/traffic congestion scripts.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.   Also i am using my school account. I graduated somewhat recently, but my account is verified through my institution.

Paul Ruth
        Keymaster

Hares,

Thank you for your interest in FABRIC.  Before you can start using FABRIC you must be added to an active project. Projects are typically lead by a professor or researcher who has been authorized to be a project lead.

More information about project permissions can be found here: https://learn.fabric-testbed.net/knowledge-base/fabric-user-roles-and-project-permissions/

If you a professor or researcher who is eligible to be a project lead, you will need to request authorization to be a project lead. Then you can create a project and add your students or colleagues. If you are a student or otherwise not eligible to be a project lead, you will need to find a professor to lead your project.

Paul

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Paul Ruth.
          Hares Fakoor
          Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

How can i actually request to become a member of a project?  Under https://portal.fabric-testbed.net/projects/      i don’t see a way to request to become a member of a project.

Hares Fakoor
            Participant

here’s the link, I cannot view, and therefore join any projects

https://portal.fabric-testbed.net/experiments

Paul Ruth
              Keymaster

Hares,

If you a professor or researcher who is eligible to be a project lead, you will need to request authorization to be a project lead. Then you can create a project and add your students or colleagues.

If you are a student or otherwise not eligible to be a project lead, you will need to talk to a professor at your university and have them create an account and lead a project with you as a member.  Students are not able to use FABRIC without the supervision of a professor or other senior researcher.

Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.