1. How to delete slices

How to delete slices

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion How to delete slices

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yingqiang Yuan
    Participant

I know there might be a video link that talks about how to delete a slice but I did not find it. Meanwhile, the web UI is not working for me with the error “users’ credential is expired.” on the UI.

Mina William Morcos
      Participant

You can use fablib.delete_slice(slice_name). It takes the slice name. You can also give it the slice ID, like so: fablib.delete_slice(slice_id=slice_id).

There is a notebook in the fablib_api folder called delete_slice. It can be helpful.

yoursunny
        Participant

The web portal login has 1-hour timeout. When it reaches 1 hour, you’ll still see you are logged in, but you cannot do anything.

You have to click logout and then login again. After that, you can see your slices or delete them normally.

I consider this a portal bug. It should keep the user logged in for as long as the page is open. If servers side reports the login has expired, the client side should automatically display “login” button instead of “logout” button.

Yaxue Guo
          Keymaster

Hi Yingqiang, The token that portal auto generated is valid for 1 hour, and the token is necessary for accessing slice data via Orchestrator API. Please logout and login back then try again.

@yoursunny, Thanks for your suggestion about this login status issue for portal. I’ve created a ticket for adding the session-timeout reminder in portal and we’ll fix this issue as soon.

Yingqiang Yuan
            Participant

@YaxueGuo Hello, Yaxue, I deeply appreciate your insight regarding the token. However, it still does not work properly even when I switched to a new browser.

Yaxue Guo
              Keymaster

@YingqiangYuan, Hi Yingqiang, are you still getting the error message “users’ credential is expired.” after re-login then click the “Delete” button on Slice Viewer page?

Yaxue Guo
                Keymaster

@YingqiangYuan, Hi Yingqiang, are you still getting the error message “users’ credential is expired.” after re-login then click the “Delete” button on Slice Viewer page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.