1. How to do internode communication?

How to do internode communication?

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion How to do internode communication?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ze Yang
    Participant

I would like to inquire how to communicate between multiple nodes since I want to use GRPC to do node interaction.
      Would it be possible for me to know what steps I need to do to setup node? What to do with node in the same site and different site cases?

Thank you!

Komal Thareja
      Participant

Hello Ze,

You can connect your VMs with various Layer 3 or Layer 2 network service available on FABRIC. Please follow along the examples Networking examplees from start_here.ipynb as shown below.

Local Ethernet (Layer 2) could be a good start. More details about the various network services can be found here.

• Networking
          • FABNet IPv4 (Layer 3): Connect to FABRIC’s IPv4 internet (manualautofull auto)
          • FABNet IPv4 Ext (Layer 3): Connect to FABRIC’s IPv4 internet with external access (manual)
          • FABNet IPv6 (Layer 3): Connect to FABRIC’s IPv6 internet (manualautofull auto)
          • FABNet IPv6 Ext (Layer 3): Connect to FABRIC’s IPv6 internet with external access (manual)
          • Local Ethernet (Layer 2): Create a private local Ethernet network on a FABRIC site (manualautouser defined)
          • Wide Area Link (Layer 2): Create a private WAN Ethernet link between FABRIC sites (manualautouser defined)
          • Facility Ports: Connect a FABRIC experiment to an external facility such as Chameleon.
          • Port Mirroring: Listen in on traffic in FABRIC dataplane using PortMirror service.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.