1. Ideas for FABnet (in the future)

Ideas for FABnet (in the future)

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Ideas for FABnet (in the future)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brandon Rice
    Participant

Hi all,

The FABnet example notebooks suggest that FABnet (will eventually) support FABRIC’s high performance links, i.e. 100Gbps/1Tbps. @Paul This is still the plan, correct? It’s just that we still need to configure the routing to support high throughput everywhere.

If so, here is one example of using FABnet that I think should work.

Say we setup a topology on FABRIC with a single node called server. server is placed at one of the IPv4 sites to ensure connectivity with the public internet (or configured with NAT64) and has an NVMe storage drive resource.

Then, server can instantiate and we can install either Apache or LocalStack to setup the node as a web server, either normally or to support AWS buckets, using the NVMe drive for extensive storage. On this node, we download and host packages (apt, snap, etc.) on the web server.

Because of how slices work with FABnet, if I remember correctly it should be possible to configure FABnet-enabled nodes from different slices to connect together using the correct gateway information given to the user.

This should allow us to then install packages downloaded from server onto nodes at IPv6 sites without having to setup a proxy or NAT64. It would also allow us to run networking experiments regarding streaming data over FABRIC using the high performance links, having data hosted on server and having it streamed to our node at the IPv6 site without them needing to be in the same slice.

This should also work using Chameleon instead of server once the stitching is fixed.

What do you guys think? Feel free to use this thread to suggest or ask questions about your own FABnet ideas.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.