1. JupyterHub can’t find Config file and Bastion key file

JupyterHub can’t find Config file and Bastion key file

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion JupyterHub can’t find Config file and Bastion key file

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Robin Schelstraete
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been working on an experiment for some months now using FABRIC slices. First time working in the JupyterHub I ran the configure notebook without any problems. However, when coming back from a break a few moments ago, suddenly I get the error that no config file exists (error screenshot in attachment). I tried to fix this by running my config file again, but suddenly FABRIC is unable to find my bastion key file location (error screenshot also in attachment), even though I haven’t changed anything and the path should be right. I tried editing the path anyways, but nothing works.
      Is there any way to resolve this?

Kind regards,

Robin

Komal Thareja
      Participant

Hi Robin,

Config notebook has been updated to avoid such errors.

Could you please run the notebook: jupyter-examples-rel1.6.1/configure_and_validate.ipynb ?

This should update your bastion keys if expired or do not exist. Please try creating a slice and SSH access again after that from console as well as the notebook. Please restart the notebook kernel after the keys are updated.

Thanks,

Komal

Robin Schelstraete
        Participant

Hi Komal,

Thank you for your quick response. In the meantime I have restarted my server via the control panel, now I have a new error (screenshot attached).

You said to run the jupyter-examples-rel1.6.1/configure_and_validate.ipynb notebook, does it matter that my files are all in jupyter-examples-rel1.5.4?

Thanks,

Robin

Komal Thareja
          Participant

The error observed is because of the incomplete config. You can run the configure notebook from the path jupyter-examples-rel1.6.1/configure_and_validate.ipynb without impacting your experiments.

This only sets up your environment. Experiments from rel-1.5.4 would still work after the config.

Thanks,

Komal

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Robin Schelstraete
            Participant

I ran the notebook without any problems. Everything works as expected now. Thank you Komal!

Kind regards,

Robin

Robin Schelstraete
              Participant

Hi Komal,

I now have an issue SSH’ing into my nodes (error in attachment) because of a bad configuration. Can this be because of the issue we just discussed?

Kind regards,

Robin

Komal Thareja
                Participant

Could you please share the output of the command cat /home/fabric/work/fabric_config/ssh_config ?

If this file already existed, the notebook wouldn’t have made any changes to it. Looks like line 5 has some issues.

Sharing example contents of this file below with BASTION USERNAME MASKED:

UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null
                  StrictHostKeyChecking no
                  ServerAliveInterval 120
                  Host bastion.fabric-testbed.net
                  User YOUR_BASTION_USER_NAME
                  ForwardAgent yes
                  Hostname %h
                  IdentityFile /home/fabric/work/fabric_config/fabric_bastion_key
                  IdentitiesOnly yes
                  Host * !bastion.fabric-testbed.net
                  ProxyJump YOUR_BASTION_USER_NAME@bastion.fabric-testbed.net:22

Robin Schelstraete
                  Participant

The output of the command is the following:

UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null
                    StrictHostKeyChecking no
                    ServerAliveInterval 120
                    Host bastion-?.fabric-testbed.net
                    User <Update Bastion User Name>
                    ForwardAgent yes
                    Hostname %h
                    IdentityFile /home/fabric/work/fabric_config/fabric-bastion-key
                    IdentitiesOnly yes
                    Host * !bastion-?.fabric-testbed.net
                    ProxyJump <Update Bastion User Name>@bastion.fabric-testbed.net:22

Komal Thareja
                    Participant

Could you please remove the file /home/fabric/work/fabric_config/ssh_config and re-run the jupyter-examples-rel1.6.1/configure_and_validate.ipynb notebook? This shall fix the config issue.

Thanks,
                      Komal

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.