1. Node creation fails on PSC (site)

Node creation fails on PSC (site)

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Node creation fails on PSC (site)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mami Hayashida
    Participant

I have been trying to create a slice that includes a node placed at PSC, but the node gets stuck at the “Ticketed” status and the whole slice.submit() times out after 1800 seconds.  I tried it a few times last night and this morning, but never succeeded.

Mert Cevik

Hi Mami,

There is network maintenance at PSC
        https://learn.fabric-testbed.net/forums/topic/maintenance-on-fabric-psc-between-december-19-20-short-notice/

FABRIC-PSC should not be used until we announce the end of maintenance.

Mami Hayashida
        Participant

Thanks, Mert, for a quick response.  Im that case, however, shouldn’t its state be “Maint” rather than “Active”?  It’s frustrating to users to have to submit a slice, wait for a long time, see it fail, rinse, repeat.

Mert Cevik

That’s right, it should be in Maintenance state rather than Active. I understand your frustration. We are doing our best to set the states properly, however this time I sent the announcement and just I forgot to change the state due to various reasons. I hope this helps for you to understand the case for PSC.

Mami Hayashida
            Participant

Sure, I totally understand. Please know the intention of my comment was not to criticize you or anyone else, but rather, to make this testbed (esp. the slice creation) as user-friendly as possible. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.