1. pmservice issue for multiple uplink ports

pmservice issue for multiple uplink ports

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion pmservice issue for multiple uplink ports

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nishanth Shyamkumar
    Participant
      Hi,

I am facing an issue when I try to create a pmservices to certain sites which have more than 1 uplink port (in this case SEAT  and AMST). The slice submit fails with the following error (I have highlighted the parts that seem relevant):

<colgroup><col width=”424″ /></colgroup>

failed lease update- all units failed priming: Exception during create for unit: 6a24e029-0ae6-42e7-b252-<wbr />4bcb39fdf5e8 Playbook has failed tasks: NSO commit returned JSON-RPC error: type: rpc.method.failed, code: -32000, message: Method failed, data: message: External error in the NED implementation for device amst-data-sw: Tue Dec  5 22:19:11.298 UTCrnrn Failed to commit one or more configuration items during a pseudo-atomic operation. All changes made have been reverted.rn  SEMANTIC ERRORS: This configuration was rejected by rn the system due to semantic errors. The individual rn errors with each failed configuration command can be rn found below.rnrnrninterface HundredGigE0/0/0/23rn monitor-session mon_pmservice_AMST_1-6a24e029-<wbr />0ae6-42e7-b252-4bcb39fdf5e8 ethernet port-levelrn SPAN detected the warning condition This platform doesnt support configuring multiple attachments of a traffic classrn rnrnend, internal: jsonrpc_tx_commit357#all units failed priming: Exception during create for unit: 6a24e029-0ae6-42e7-b252-<wbr />4bcb39fdf5e8 Playbook has failed tasks: NSO commit returned JSON-RPC error: type: rpc.method.failed, code: -32000, message: Method failed, data: message: External error in the NED implementation for device amst-data-sw: Tue Dec  5 22:19:11.298 UTCrnrn Failed to commit one or more configuration items during a pseudo-atomic operation. All changes made have been reverted.rn  SEMANTIC ERRORS: This configuration was rejected by rn the system due to semantic errors. The individual rn errors with each failed configuration command can be rn found below.rnrnrninterface HundredGigE0/0/0/23rn monitor-session mon_pmservice_AMST_1-6a24e029-<wbr />0ae6-42e7-b252-4bcb39fdf5e8 ethernet port-levelrn SPAN detected the warning condition This platform doesnt support configuring multiple attachments of a traffic classrn rnrnend, internal: jsonrpc_tx_commit357#

In the above case, I created 2 pm services, with uplink_port0 —> NIC_port0 and uplink_port1 —> NIC_port1. The same pm services get created successfully when using other multi upstream port sites, such as STAR and KANS etc. Could you help us understand what is the issue we are facing?

Xi Yang
      Participant

@Nik Can you tell the source and destination of the mirroring on AMST? I can see HundredGigE0/0/0/23 is one of them. My guess is that there was a dup mirroring session on either the same source or same destination port. I can help check.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Xi Yang.
        Xi Yang
        Participant

I tried a few tests with AMST Hu0/0/0/23 mirrored to Hu0/0/0/3 and Hu0/0/0/4. Both were successful. My guess is that the failed request might have used a port that is unacceptable, or there were dup sessions with conflicting source or destination port.

Nishanth Shyamkumar
          Participant

Xi, following your guidance, I double checked the ports and for AMST it’s using 2 vlans on the same port, and my code was treating it as 2 different uplink ports, which is where the duplication happened. I fixed it on my side and now AMST is being provisioned successfully.

I was unable to recreate the above issue in SEAT at the moment. If I see this issue in SEAT again, I will update with a message on this thread. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.