1. Possible Fabric API outage today?

Possible Fabric API outage today?

Home Forums FABRIC Educators Possible Fabric API outage today?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amy Babay
    Participant

Hi,

I was testing labs for my class today and was getting errors both when trying to view slices in the portal or to use the fablib API in Jupyter Hub.

Specifically, I was getting timeout errors just trying to use the API as follows:

from fabrictestbed_extensions.fablib.fablib import FablibManager as fablib_manager
      fablib = fablib_manager()
      fablib.show_config()

And similarly when I went to my class project page and clicked on the “Slices” tab. It would just stall indefinitely trying to load the list of slices and eventually pop up a red box with a timeout error.

I don’t have the specific error messages available anymore (sent them in a help ticket but was redirected here).

I wasn’t sure if this was a general issue with the API or a problem with my account, but I guess it was a general site issue, since it seems to be resolved now. As far as I could tell, it lasted about 3 hours this afternoon (about noon to 3pm Eastern). Just wanted to report it and see if anyone else was affected. Thanks!

Hussam Nasir

Hi,

This was due to a service outage this afternoon which has been resolved. See https://learn.fabric-testbed.net/forums/topic/outage-in-credential-manager-services/

Please let us know if your issues are still not resolved.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Amy Babay
        Participant

Makes sense, thanks! Yes, everything is working well now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.