1. problems reserving slice resource

problems reserving slice resource

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion problems reserving slice resource

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Nirmala Shenoy
    Participant

Hello,

I have been trying to reserve a slice since yesterday. When I run the cell to build the slice after most of the resources are active it finally comes up with the following error: (this is one of them)

/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/fabrictestbed_extensions/fablib/slice.py:203: FutureWarning: Styler.applymap has been deprecated. Use Styler.map instead.

slice_table.applymap(state_color)

and the reservation is not completed. I have tried to restart my server and tried multiple slices – but I am stuck at this point. My student Kriti was able to reserve two slice. So I don’t think there is a problem with the code.

Btw I tried WASH and MASS sites.

Thanks

Nirmala

Komal Thareja
      Participant

Hello Nirmala,

Could you please share your Slice ID to help debug this issue?
        Also, could you please provide more details as to what you mean by reservation is not completed? Does the reservation stay in ticketed state or time out. Does it become Active?

Thanks,
        Komal

Ilya Baldin
        Participant

Also, the styler warning you show above is harmless – whatever is going on with the slice has nothing to do with that.

Nirmala Shenoy
          Participant

Hello

the slices I was trying to reserve was under the project titled Expedited Internet Bypass Protocol. Unfortunately as I could not reserve any slice, I cannot provide the slice ID.

Regarding the styler warning – I noticed that happening with my student Kriti – but she was able to reserve the slice. Unfortunately I could not. I redid my configuration incase I had an outdated conf. file. But still was not successful after seven eight attempts. It is affecting my project progress. Given that I do not have the sliceID I am not sure how to get this resolved.

Nirmala Shenoy
            Participant

Hello

just reserved a slice named EIBP. SliceID c4f9b90e-fd19-4cb6-b1b1-d53e89471881.

it is showing that it is configuring, but when I check at the portal – it says that the slice is table OK. when I tried to extend the lease end – it says lease end time is not in format … failed to renew the slice.

The configuration is not completed – so I do not have access to the nodes i.e. the ssh commands to connect to the nodes. attaching a snapshot of the slice reservation process that is hanging.

Ilya Baldin
              Participant

I suspect you are not letting the script complete. I can see in the console that your slice is up and all VMs are there and running.

You may want to add a cell that executes the following after the cell you showed in the screenshot:

slice = fablib.get_slice(name=slice_name)
                slice.show()
                slice.list_nodes()
                slice.list_networks()

Please send us the outputs of these commands.

Ilya Baldin
                Participant

For renewing slice in the portal can you please send a screenshot of the calendar widget in the slice view after you selected the new renew date but before you click ‘Extend’.

Nirmala Shenoy
                  Participant

Hello – this is the slice that I reserved, where it says that the slice is stable OK but the cell is stuck at the screen shot I sent earlier. I am attaching a screenshot before the extension.

Ilya Baldin
                    Participant

In the calendar widget you do not appear to have selected a new expiration date.

Nirmala Shenoy
                      Participant

I tried executing a cell with

slice = fablib.get_slice(name=slice_name)
                        slice.show()
                        slice.list_nodes()
                        slice.list_networks()

but did not get any output.

I have a new slice with ID c5eff2e0-8162-4d10-bcec-1ffd17b03698. it is named eibp2. on the portal it says Stable OK. but I am again struck at the same place as before. some resources still show up as ticketed.

Ilya Baldin
                        Participant

Can you please send the screenshot of the entire cell and its output that submits the slice and reports the slice status?

Does this cell actually complete its execution (i.e. the asterisk in the square brackets next to the cell is cleared)?

When you inserted the code I showed above did you update or set the slice_name variable to be the name of your slice before you executed it?

Nirmala Shenoy
                          Participant

Hello I am attaching the snapshot from the slice reservation. as noticed the process is hanging – some slivers are ticketed. from the retry  20 and time 433 seconds I think there has been no update for quite some time (was in a faculty meeting for the last 1.30 hours).

the cell instructions you provided I added it after the slice reservation. But because the previous cell (i.e. the reservation was not completed) I think it is not able to execute this cell.

I changed the slice_name variable

Ilya Baldin
                            Participant

Please send a snapshot that shows the code in the cell not just the output.

Nirmala Shenoy
                              Participant

here is the ipynb.

Both my students executed this book and did not have a problem.

Nirmala Shenoy
                                Participant

sorry did not like the upload file format. here is the txt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.