1. Session/Slice/Project tag issues.

Session/Slice/Project tag issues.

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Session/Slice/Project tag issues.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Middelkoop
    Participant

I was unable to create resources that required the “Slice.Multisite” tag in the “FABRIC Tutorials” project (Project ID a7818636-1fa1-4e77-bb03-d171598b0862) using the Jupyter “Create a Wide-Area Ethernet Network” tutorial (jupyter-examples/fabric_examples/fablib_api/create_l2network_wide_area.ipynb) after switching from my own project that does not have this tag.  I could list projects in Step 3 (list resources) but got the following error when creating the slice in step 4.

Exception: Failed to submit slice: Status.FAILURE, (500)
      Reason: INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
      HTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({‘Server’: ‘nginx/1.21.6’, ‘Date’: ‘Mon, 13 Jun 2022 15:45:42 GMT’, ‘Content-Type’: ‘text/html; charset=utf-8’, ‘Content-Length’: ‘138’, ‘Connection’: ‘keep-alive’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Credentials’: ‘true’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Headers’: ‘DNT, User-Agent, X-Requested-With, If-Modified-Since, Cache-Control, Content-Type, Range’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Methods’: ‘GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS’, ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’: ‘*’, ‘Access-Control-Expose-Headers’: ‘Content-Length, Content-Range, X-Error’, ‘X-Error’: ‘PDP Authorization check failed – Policy Violation: Your project is lacking Slice.Multisite tag to request a slice spanning multiple sites.’})
      HTTP response body: PDP Authorization check failed – Policy Violation: Your project is lacking Slice.Multisite tag to request a slice spanning multiple sites.

Restarting the kernel did not fix this.

I was able get a slice after restarted the Jupyter Notebook (shutdown and starting) in the tutorial project.  After successfuly creating the slice in the tutorial project I changed the project ID (environment variable) back to my project and was able to create a slice with this require permission (and the test ran successfully) even though I did not have this tag in my own project. For some reason the slice shows under both projects when querying with fabric-cli

(.venv) tmiddelkoop@tmiddelkoopsMBP fabric % unset FABRIC_PROJECT_ID

(.venv) tmiddelkoop@tmiddelkoopsMBP fabric % fabric-cli slices query –state=StableOK

Error: ‘FABRIC_PROJECT_ID’

(.venv) tmiddelkoop@tmiddelkoopsMBP fabric % fabric-cli slices query –state=StableOK –projectid bf572b3b-1ea7-4a27-b9b7-11b62a9eaeaa

[{

“graph_id”: “c4fd56d8-1e9b-460d-9245-6afe0e96a9db”,

“lease_end”: “2022-06-14 16:00:54 +0000”,

“slice_id”: “03ad194b-b92c-47f3-a6dc-7b9604012117”,

“slice_name”: “MySlice”,

“slice_state”: “StableOK”

}]

(.venv) tmiddelkoop@tmiddelkoopsMBP fabric % fabric-cli slices query –state=StableOK –projectid a7818636-1fa1-4e77-bb03-d171598b0862

[{

“graph_id”: “c4fd56d8-1e9b-460d-9245-6afe0e96a9db”,

“lease_end”: “2022-06-14 16:00:54 +0000”,

“slice_id”: “03ad194b-b92c-47f3-a6dc-7b9604012117”,

“slice_name”: “MySlice”,

“slice_state”: “StableOK”

}]

Let me know if I can help with testing of this possible bug.

I would like to add the “Slice.Multisite” to my project (Project ID bf572b3b-1ea7-4a27-b9b7-11b62a9eaeaa) to expand my testing.

Komal Thareja
      Participant

Thank you for sharing the observations. fabric-cli creates FABRIC tokens for the user which are then used to authenticate/authorize with the testbed. The lifetime of FABRIC identity token is 1 hour.

A new token is created if the expiry time is < 30 mins from the current time. The tokens are cached in ~/.tokens.json.

In the above scenario, even though the project id was changed, the cached token may not have been re-requested due to the time-limit as explained above thus resulting in the Create Slice being successful.

We would work on addressing this in the next release. Appreciate your feedback.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.