1. Simulate re-cabling

Simulate re-cabling

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Simulate re-cabling

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nishanth Shyamkumar
    Participant

I am trying to change my L2 connection between the hosts on my slice.

Initially, I had 2 L2 STS links
      h1 <—> h3 <—> h2

I then deleted the 2 links and created a new L2STS directly connecting hosts h1 and h2
      h1 <—> h2

The new L2 object was created but it’s status is showing as ‘None’, instead of ‘Active’.

ID Name Layer Type Site Subnet Gateway State Error
      None net_h1_h2 L2 L2STS None net_h1_h2.subnet net_h1_h2.gateway None

How do I activate this link ? I think I should use slice.submit() , however I do not want to rebuild the nodes and other components on the slice, only the network connection. Would slice.submit() be the right command to rebuild only the network link , or is there some other issue that’s causing the state ‘None’ ?

Paul Ruth
      Keymaster

Nishanth,

Yeah, I think you just need to call slice.submit() after you make the changes.  When you make changes like in fablib, it is just building the request. In order to commit the changes, you need to submit the modified request.

Paul

Nishanth Shyamkumar
        Participant

Hi Paul,

Do you know if the slice.submit() would rebuild all the VMs and network components or will it correctly update only the L2 link information? I don’t want to lose the files and environment setup on my VMs due to a slice rebuild.

Ilya Baldin
          Participant

It will not. It will do a diff between the existing topology and the one you want and make the necessary changes. In some cases it may reboot the existing VMs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.