1. Slice won’t stabilize

Slice won’t stabilize

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Slice won’t stabilize

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vaiden Logan
    Participant

FABlib Version: 1.6.2

slice ID: 61c1d373-b3b6-472f-a34a-3dd6dac8c809

One of my nodes was deleted during fabric maintenance, so I tried to add it back. I tried to use the same name, but Fabric rejected that because names have to be unique. After that, I changed the names of everything, but I got the following error on submissions:

Failed to submit slice: Status.FAILURE, (500)
      Reason: INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
      HTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({'Server': 'nginx/1.21.6', 'Date': 'Sat, 03 Feb 2024 22:38:34 GMT', 'Content-Type': 'text/html; charset=utf-8', 'Content-Length': '274', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Access-Control-Allow-Credentials': 'true', 'Access-Control-Allow-Headers': 'DNT, User-Agent, X-Requested-With, If-Modified-Since, Cache-Control, Content-Type, Range, Authorization', 'Access-Control-Allow-Methods': 'GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, DELETE, OPTIONS', 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin': '*', 'Access-Control-Expose-Headers': 'Content-Length, Content-Range, X-Error', 'X-Error': 'Unable to modify Slice# 61c1d373-b3b6-472f-a34a-3dd6dac8c809 that is not yet stable, try again later'})
      HTTP response body: b'{\n    "errors": [\n        {\n            "details": "Unable to modify Slice# 61c1d373-b3b6-472f-a34a-3dd6dac8c809 that is not yet stable, try again later",\n            "message": "Internal Server Error"\n        }\n    ],\n    "size": 1,\n    "status": 500,\n    "type": "error"\n}'

I decided to wait a little over 24 hours, but on submission of the modified slice I had the same output.

I just got my slice and nodes so I could run commands on them, but on running node.execute(‘echo hi’) I was given this error:

Komal Thareja
      Participant

@Vaiden

You slice is in state ModifyError For any further modifications to your slice, you need to run the following commands:

slice=fablib.get_slice(name=slice_name)

slice.modify_accept()

Regarding the Authentication Error. Please check if you Bastion key has expired and SSH keys are setup properly. You can use the notebook config_and_validate.ipynb to update/validate SSH keys and your config.

Snapshot of Slice State:

Slice Name: ServiceX_NDN_Proxy_tcp_4nodes Slice ID: 61c1d373-b3b6-472f-a34a-3dd6dac8c809 Project ID: 7a5adb91-c4c0-4a1c-8021-7b6c56af196f Project Name: MF
        Graph ID: 34d3dd32-ff1f-4fc2-bad3-c1e542584c9c
        Slice owner: { name: orchestrator, guid: orchestrator-guid, oidc_sub_claim: 14098c5d-6c93-4d8a-b67b-a0bbdb765da2, email: William.Logan1@uky.edu}
        Slice state: ModifyError
        Lease time: 2024-05-18 18:27:07+00:00

Also, looking at /tmp/fablib/fablib.log would provide more information for the failure cause for Authentication error.

Thanks,

Komal

Vaiden Logan
        Participant

Hey @Komal,

I think the issue may be slightly larger. I ran
          slice=fablib.get_slice(name=slice_name)

slice.modify_accept() like you suggested, but upon submitting a new modification I got another modify error. I included an image of what I saw.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.