1. Timeout exceeded for FABNETv6 usage

Timeout exceeded for FABNETv6 usage

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Timeout exceeded for FABNETv6 usage

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yoursunny
    Participant

I’m trying to use L3 network with IPv6, but found that slice.submit() always times out.
      I tried <i>create_l3network_fabnet_ipv6</i> notebook as well as a simple script, and both have the same result.
      The slice shows up in Portal but is stuck in <i>Configuring</i> state even after several hours.

The script:

import time
      from fabrictestbed_extensions.fablib.fablib import FablibManager as fablib_manager

fablib = fablib_manager()

slice = fablib.new_slice(name=f'demo-{int(time.time())}')
      nodeA = slice.add_node(name='A', site='WASH', image='default_ubuntu_22')
      intfA = nodeA.add_component(model='NIC_Basic', name='nic').get_interfaces()[0]
      slice.add_l3network(name='l3v6', interfaces=[intfA], type='IPv6')
      slice.submit()

slice = fablib.get_slice(name=slice.get_name())
      nodeA = slice.get_node(name='A')

slice.wait_ssh(progress=True)
      print(nodeA.get_ssh_command())

The output:

Waiting for slice ............................................................Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/home/fabric/work/l3v6.py", line 10, in 
          slice.submit()
        File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fabrictestbed_extensions/fablib/slice.py", line 1228, in submit
          self.wait_ssh(timeout=wait_timeout,interval=wait_interval,progress=progress)
        File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fabrictestbed_extensions/fablib/slice.py", line 1024, in wait_ssh
          self.wait(timeout=timeout,interval=interval,progress=progress)
        File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fabrictestbed_extensions/fablib/slice.py", line 999, in wait
          raise Exception(" Timeout exceeded ({} sec). Slice: {} ({})".format(timeout, slice.name, slice.state))
      Exception:  Timeout exceeded (600 sec). Slice: demo-1663616004 (Configuring)
      Ilya Baldin
      Participant

We are experiencing a heavy load and we are still optimizing the behavior. Your slice should eventually complete, but you may need to be patient.

yoursunny
        Participant

Yes, the slice(s) eventually became StableOK after more than 4 hours.

I was disappointed to find that FABNETv6 does not allow access to the Internet despite having public addresses, so that I still have to use the (supposedly) slow management network for any Internet access.

Ilya Baldin
          Participant

Opening up public connectivity from FABNetv[4,6] on demand is a feature that is currently in testing for a small number of projects. We expect general availability of this feature with the Release 1.4.

FABRIC Testbed Release 1.3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.