1. upload_file error: No such file or directory

upload_file error: No such file or directory

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion upload_file error: No such file or directory

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Meng Wang
    Participant

I’m working on the Upload and Execute in Jupyter Lab. I am able to create a slice and a node. But when I’m trying to upload a local file to the node, I receive an error message saying

Exception: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/Users/wangmeng/Documents/some_folder_names/myScript.sh’

And here’s the code I wrote

try:
      node = slice.get_node(name=”Node1″)

result = node.upload_file(‘/Users/wangmeng/Documents/some_folder_names/myScript.sh’, ‘myScript.sh’)
      except Exception as e:
      print(f”Exception: {e}”)

I have read an earlier post in the forum and learned that the first argument for upload_file should be the local path of the file, while the second argument is the path to the remote node. I’m not sure if I have formatted it correctly.

The script file that I’m trying to upload is read&write accessible to everyone.

Paul Ruth
      Keymaster

That looks correct.

Are you able to open and read the file directly in the code?

It looks like you are running this on a Mac.  Are you running it in a virtual environment on the Mac?  In some cases a virtual environment will not be able to access files outside of the virtual environment.

Try opening and reading the file directly.

Meng Wang
        Participant

Thank you Paul for pointing that out. I realize that I had a misunderstanding about the concept of local. I thought it means my local drive, but what it actually means is the virtual environment. I am able to upload the file after uploading the file from my local drive to the VM. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.