1. Nirmala Shenoy

Nirmala Shenoy

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Nirmala Shenoy
    Participant

      hello Komal,

      we are configuring IP addresses in an OSPF network. so the link that is common to a pair of nodes is given the same network address.

      I tried the script with f

      for ifc in slice.get_interfaces():

      the addressing assignment is going wrong.

      can you please suggest how we can fix this?

       

      thanks

       

      in reply to: permission for Bastion Key “too open” #8749
      Nirmala Shenoy
      Participant

        Thanks – that worked!

        in reply to: Project renewal #8596
        Nirmala Shenoy
        Participant

          hello Fraida

          I also have a project renewal pending. I submitted it to “account-help@fabric-testbed.net” <account-help@fabric-testbed.net>.

           

          thanks

          Nirmala

          in reply to: Kali machine failing on post_boot_config #8109
          Nirmala Shenoy
          Participant

            hello Hussam,

            sorry it took me sometime to figure out what to do. I worked with Peter this morning. Looks like the version of Kali, we currently support is different from what we used last time. Your suggestions work, but we still have a few more fixes to make.

            thanks

            Nirmala

            in reply to: Kali machine failing on post_boot_config #8106
            Nirmala Shenoy
            Participant

              hello Hussam,

              we are trying to install BGP from FRRouting on the Kali machine. I am attaching our script ( it is missing “sudo apt install curl”,  which I executed on the Kali node) . the kali-rolling release comes up when I execute

              sudo apt update && sudo apt install frr frr-pythontools

              Please see script attached that we execute in the Hacker node.

               

              in reply to: Kali machine failing on post_boot_config #8104
              Nirmala Shenoy
              Participant

                Hello

                when using the current Kali VM, we came cross this problem

                sudo: unable to resolve host H-1: Name or service not known
                Hit:1 http://kali.download/kali kali-rolling InRelease
                Ign:2 https://deb.frrouting.org/frr kali-rolling InRelease
                Err:3 https://deb.frrouting.org/frr kali-rolling Release
                404 Not Found [IP: 2a07:e480:2::1106 443]
                Error: The repository ‘https://deb.frrouting.org/frr kali-rolling Release’ does not have a Release file.
                Notice: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
                Notice: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

                we had this problem earlier, when we were installing Kali on debian _11.

                We are facing this problem again. we used WASH site to set up this slice.

                the slice_ID is 54670fa7-52fa-4f2c-9a05-5410c891ade6

                thanks

                 

                 

                 

                in reply to: Kali machine failing on post_boot_config #8102
                Nirmala Shenoy
                Participant

                  thanks Hussam.

                  Looks like the slice expired. I will set up another

                   

                  thanks

                  Nirmala

                  in reply to: Kali machine failing on post_boot_config #8093
                  Nirmala Shenoy
                  Participant

                    Hello Komal I have 2 slices, because I wanted to test if it was a site problem. the two slice IDs are given below.

                    615db8ae-bd6c-4e8f-ba79-df6d9da9a963

                    31aa3b59-9606-4a69-bfb7-ea6960b4f418

                     

                    hello Hussam – sure get back to us. before the maintenance this was working.

                     

                    in reply to: Inter-AS intra-AS routing test #7920
                    Nirmala Shenoy
                    Participant

                      Thanks Ilya.

                      Any jupyter examples that I can use to test option 1?

                       

                      thanks

                       

                      in reply to: clock synchronization in FABRIC VMs in a slice #7767
                      Nirmala Shenoy
                      Participant

                        thanks Hussam, that worked. I was able to set up my slice and all the nodes are PTP enabled.

                        I notice a few notebooks – under the section on precision_time_measurements. I will check them out.

                        I am Ok with using phc2sys – will give it a try

                         

                        thanks

                         

                         

                        in reply to: clock synchronization in FABRIC VMs in a slice #7757
                        Nirmala Shenoy
                        Participant

                          hello Hussam, I went through the tutorial. How to find out if a site supports PTP?

                           

                          thanks

                          Nirmala

                          in reply to: network config lost on reboot #7202
                          Nirmala Shenoy
                          Participant

                            Hello

                            I am following up on this question. Recently, we had to install a software in one of our VMs. it required rebooting the VM and all our addressing and configurations on the VM was lost. we configured our interfaces using specific addresses (not sure what the auto mode is). It was necessary to set up the IP addresses as we were using BGP. The interface names also changed from ethx to enps..

                            I have the same question. Can we get back our configuration?

                             

                            thanks

                            Nirmala

                            in reply to: Installing Kali Linux for security tests #7191
                            Nirmala Shenoy
                            Participant

                              Thanks Mert. The proposed approach works. Was able to install Kali-linux-everything on an Ipv6 machine and was able to conduct some tests

                              in reply to: Installing Kali Linux for security tests #7159
                              Nirmala Shenoy
                              Participant

                                thanks Mert.

                                will check it out

                                 

                                in reply to: Installing Kali Linux for security tests #7148
                                Nirmala Shenoy
                                Participant

                                  Hello I tried adding the mirrors.jevincanders.net ipv4 and ipv6 address in /etc/hosts on an ipv6 Fabric node. I am still getting not able to connect even when using Kali-default. attaching a doc with errors.

                                  When I tried with an IPV4 node and Kali-default it worked.

                                  As most of the sites seem to operate on IPv6, so this will be a problem for us. Also the data center topology that we set up has many nodes, so I need sites that has that many resources.

                                   

                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)