1. Authentication failed

Authentication failed

Home Forums FABRIC General Questions and Discussion Authentication failed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Xusheng Ai
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having trouble with using node API with exception: Authentication failed. I’m able to submit the slice request, and get the node information. Also I check the Slice State is ok. However, I cannot login into the VM or run any node API like node.upload_file. The error information: `SCP upload fail. Slice: MySlice, Node: Node1, trying again
      Fail: Authentication failed.` Last week, it worked fine. So I was wondering where the problems could be.

my slice id : a9385138-5c38-4495-ba5e-e989c8568eec

Thanks,
      Best Regards,
      Xusheng

Paul Ruth
      Keymaster

Are you able to ssh to the node on the command line?  or run node.execute() with a simple command?

Xusheng Ai
        Participant

No, I couldn’t ssh to the node.
          The error information: `Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).
          kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host`

When I ran node.execute('echo Hello, FABRIC from nodehostname -s'), the error information : Exception: Authentication failed.

Paul Ruth
          Keymaster

I’m wondering if your bastion key expired. They expire after 6 months.

Can you confirm that you bastion key still works?  There are directions at the bottom of this article: https://learn.fabric-testbed.net/knowledge-base/logging-into-fabric-vms/

Xusheng Ai
            Participant

Thank you so much for your help. I think that is the case. Sorry that I forgot the bastion key would expire after 6 months.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.